-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Paul
Bowsher
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 3:04 AM
To: Half-Life dedicated Linux server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] l4d Dedicated server notes

Are you running guests with multiple cores? Have you noticed any issues
with
the Timer being out of sync between the two cores? VMWare published a
white
paper ( http://www.*vmware*.com/pdf/*vmware*_*time*keeping.pdf) on the
subject, which to me seems inconclusive and would love some accounts
from
production usage.

Cheers,

Paul Bowsher

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 1:56 AM, Rick Payton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I didn't think people would want to hear our virtualization discussion
> :P
>
> Basically, I stated what I was running under ESXi, and how much I
liked
> it, and he stated what he runs under Xen, and how much he enjoyed it.
>
> Nothing really that pertains to game servers, other then I guess the
> fact I run (Hawaiian Samurai) / manage (GamerzSociety.com) a few game
> servers under both ESXi & ESX (respectively) with no complaints.
>
> Sorry? If you got the hardware (CPU support, and SATA RAID adapter
> support), and want to "play" I would venture to suggest trying it out.
> Xen, works with more (much more) hardware, but I have no idea about
game
> server performance under it - JT would most likely be better able to
> answer that.
>
> mauirixxx

Patrick