I don't think every option supports the +## syntax. All _do_ support embedded
## though. I'd try dropping most of those and letting the port search work, or
using a syntax like +tv_port 230##.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Fyren
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 12:09 AM
To: hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: [hlds_linux] l4d Dedicated server notes

> Milton's description of how Valve starts up some of their servers

After taking a look at this, I modified my command line to basically this:

./srcds_run -netconport 28029+## -netconpassword foo +hostport
27030+##  -steamport 26030+## +clientport 25030+## +matchmakingport
24030+## +systemlinkport 23030+## +tv_port 22030+## +map
l4d_dem_hospital01_apartment -fork 16

I didn't see a need to make a config for each server since I'm not
currently interested in changing anything per-server.  I have the same
motdfile/hostfile/hostname for all of them.

The idea was to sort of align the ports, not that I really care about
any of them besides the game port or netcon port.  (netcon is 28029+##
instead of 28030 because the parent opens one up, too.)  But, this
failed because the server running on 27030 doesn't end up with 28030
for netcon, for example.  Which server got which port for netcon
seemed random.  Any input on this?  If this is just how the server
acts right now, could this be fixed up so it acts as hoped?