From: hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of ics
Sent: Saturday, January 24, 2009 11:47 AM
To: Half-Life dedicated Linux server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] AMD64 binaries

Maybe 64bit binary was discontinued because it was harder to keep up
many branches of the engine. Srcds_i486 runs fine on most machines.
Thats the main purpose anyway, not "best performance" which some people
here seem to be looking for. Their agenda may be commercial or out of
interest but i dont think you will get 64bit binaries unless whole Steam
goes 64bit among games. It must be discontinued for a reason.

-ics