> > Problem #1
> > I need some information about HLDS Counter-Strike 1.6 servers. I'm not
> > certain what i should use in the start-command regarding the ticrate,
> > pingboost and what is tos? I'm running two publicservers on each dedicated
> > server. Both servers has 1000Hz in kernel.
> >
> > Machine #1
> > Dell Power Edge R300
> >
> > Dell Intel X5000 Chipset
> >
> > Quadcore Intel Xeon X5470 3.33Ghz 1333Mhz FSB
> >
> > Hynix 2x2GB Dual Rank-RAM
> >
> > 2x  Seagate 73GB SAS 15K rpm (Raid-1)
> >
> > Broadcom Netxtreme II
> >

> > ./hlds_run -game cstrike +ip ********** +map de_inferno +maxplayers 24
> > +sys_ticrate 1000 -zone 8192 -pingboost 2 -tos
> > ./hlds_run -game cstrike +ip ********** +map fy_simpsons +maxplayers 24
> > +sys_ticrate 1000 -zone 8192 -pingboost 2 -tos

-TOS doesn't do anything anymore, not too many routers examine the
type of service bit. A pingboost of 2 uses
select() based boosting, which on older linux kernels uses the
'jiffies' routine. I wouldn't expect it to be that accurate.

> > Machine #2
> > Dell Power Edge R300
> >

> > Dell Intel X5000 Chipset
> >

> > Quadcore Intel Xeon X5470 3.33Ghz 1333Mhz FSB
> >

> > Hynix 2x2GB Dual Rank-RAM
> >

> > 2x  Seagate 73GB SAS 15K rpm (Raid-1)
> >

> > Broadcom Netxtreme II
> >
> > ./hlds_run -game cstrike +ip ********** +map de_dust2 +maxplayers 32
> > +sys_ticrate 1000 -zone 8192 -pingboost 2 -tos
> > ./hlds_run -game cstrike +ip ********** +map de_aztec +maxplayers 32
> > +sys_ticrate 1000 -zone 8192 -pingboost 2 -tos
> >

> > Problem #2
> >
> > On the same servers as i mentioned above, i have some rate problems too. I
> > get choke on all the servers, but i don't know why.. The machines are good,
> > and the connection is very good (co-location in Sweden, Pionen - the newest
> > datacenter i Sweden, very high tech). Anyhow, why cant i use high
> rates? And
> > what rates should i use for the publicservers?

Serverside choke is also caused by scheduler latency. Running high
slot counts increase the pressure on the scheduler, so you will see a
little loss while
it's waiting to process interframe data. You should try adjusting the
thread priority to SCHED_RR with a thread time of 50 or so.