Minimum for ~30 player TF2 on Windows:
Pentium 4 3.06+ GHz w/ HT
1 GB ram
~40GB HD

I ran recently a TF2 server on that machine for testing purposes before
converting it into a Linux webserver. Performance was actually decent.
Though... during the TF2 beta it was able to do 1 26 Slot Server and 1 32
Slotservers with Windows Server 2008 as OS hehe (Had 2 Gigs ram then). TF2
optimization overtime = FTW.

Nowadays I use X3320-X3363(X3360) with atleast 4 gb RAM and some oversized
7200RPM hard drives that I will never come close to filling up.