From: hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of CmptrWz
Sent: Sunday, May 03, 2009 8:59 AM
To: 'Half-Life dedicated Linux server mailing list'
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] L4D question..

I find that the fix is either to create a dummy steam "binary" shell script
in the orangebox folder that changes directory up one and then runs steam,
or to install everything with absolute paths (-dir /full/path/here instead
of -dir .) and then copy/symlink the steam binary into the orangebox folder.

A better fix is probably to get valve to change the orangebox srcds_run
script to change directory up one before running ./steam, though.