From: hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of David Parker
[dpar...@utica.edu]
Sent: Saturday, November 21, 2009 9:36 PM
To: hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: [hlds_linux] L4D2 and sv_steamgroup_exclusive

Hello,

I'm running a vanilla L4D2 server with four public forks and two private forks
which have sv_steamgroup and sv_steamgroup_exclusive set.
sv_steamgroup_exclusive seems to work as intended, and matchmaking keeps my
public servers full most of the time wile the group servers sit empty unless
group members are using it.

However, I noticed last night that if I use mm_dedicated_force_servers as a
non-group user and specify the IP and port of a group server, it connects my
lobby to that server.  We had a 8-player lobby full of users which are not in
the Steam group, but I was able to get us onto the group's server simply by
specifying it.  Is this a bug? Has anyone else seen this?

    Thanks,
    Dave