From: hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of David Parker
[dpar...@utica.edu]
Sent: Saturday, November 21, 2009 11:52 PM
To: Half-Life dedicated Linux server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] L4D2 and sv_steamgroup_exclusive

Sorry, I hadn't played since the update came out, and that's why I was confused
about versus.  Anyway, I'm not using a search key, and I haven't had any
problem with public players joining our group servers.  Group members usually
see these servers in their list of group servers in the L4D2 menu, and I think
they are able to get to them that way instead of using
mm_dedicated_force_servers (I haven't asked them, though).  So
sv_steamgroup_exclusive seems to be enough to keep these servers out of
matchmaking, but not enough to keep public people off the servers if they
specificy one of the servers using the mm_dedicated_force_servers method.

Does specifying a search key prevent public lobbies from connecting to the
server if mm_dedicated... is used to specify the server?

    Thanks,
    Dave