On 07/01/2011 10:57, Claudio Beretta wrote:
the funny thing is that clients ALWAYS download stuff faster than servers

Probably because the clients have their own download servers, and you can tell your client where to pick up upates, which for me is either San Jose, CA (when I'm at my current place of residence, Fresno, CA) or Sacramento, CA (when I'm at my hometown of North Highlands, which is near Sacramento). I don't know whether the HLDS updater has a similar ability to be so configured.

--Ian.

--
Ian R. Justman
UNIX hacker.  Anime fan.  Any questions?