Instead of overflowing (which is what was happening before in 2010?), tags
are overwritten (or clobbered) and hard limited to 127 characters. Any
author adding 'descriptive' tags can potentially destroy the stock or
fellow custom tags, which would make this useless.

The request in the past, at this present time, and in the future remains
flawed in almost every way.

http://www.opensubscriber.com/message/h...@list.valvesoftware.com/15905599.html

Kyle.