On 12/04/2013 20:24, 1nsane wrote:
How was he correctly de-listed if valve reversed it? It was a bug.

Because he removed the plugin that triggered it and Valve mumbled something about "grey areas" and said (paraphrasing here) stuff that made it clear they figured they can stop people getting quickplay players if they try to game the weighting like this. Which is probably a far more effective thing for them to do since it might stymie whatever clever idea he has next to try and game quickplay.

But as I said at the time, if you give people the impression they've got away with it, they
act and think like they did nothing wrong (see the evidence here)

Worse, them asking Valve to be tough on others.

Running a plugin like that is fine

It was made pretty clear it wasn't. I think you should re-read the thread.

--
Dan.