I agree with you for the most part, but I feel the need to address a couple
of things.

- Quickplay is supposed to be as vanilla as possible, yes. I don't really
like the idea of Dynamic Slots being used to trick players or the Quickplay
system, but Valve has outright said that they're not going to do anything
about it at this time. That's essentially a "We're not going to do anything
about it, but that doesn't mean that we like it" response. So the
re-listing of servers was okay.

- Advertisements don't really affect the "vanilla" experience of the game
(besides perhaps the waiting time cutting into Setup time, which should be
addressed, in my opinion). If a Quickplay server has ads on it, then
whatever. I'm thinking Pinion ought to take steps to make sure that the
Setup time is still usable (perhaps I'll write some code and send them a
pull request).

- Although the idea of "people will vote with their feet" makes sense, it's
apparently too complex for some people to click the Disconnect button and
go elsewhere, causing petitions to arise on SPUF asking Valve to do
anything from preventing the MOTD from being reopened to outright banning
the principle of forced waiting times. People *should* vote with their
feet, but there are entirely too many lazy people in this world who can't
be bothered to click Disconnect and find another server.

Doctor McKay
http://www.doctormckay.com
mc...@doctormckay.com