    >> I think it's reasonable to write to stable storage whenever you
    >> configure a new prefix or change an existing prefix (but not if
    >> you simply refresh it).  If the router comes back up and nobody
    >> has the prefix, it would simply claim it back. If someone else
    >> has it, it would have to just form a new one using loop
    >> detection.

    Erik> In your view, if there is a single prefix assigned to the home
    Erik> by the ISP, and there are three routers connected to a
    Erik> particular link in the home, would each of those three routers
    Erik> assign a different prefix to the link?

    Erik> Am I missing something?

If you had three routers concurrently, then using OSPF terminology, then
only one router would become the Designated Router, and it would
announce the prefix.  The others would have to agree to remember that
prefix for that link.

If, however, you decided to try three routers in a sequential way
(trying each one out to see if you liked it...), then would get three
prefixes assigned to that link, and remembered by each router.

] m...@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
                       then sign the petition.