Le 30/01/2014 13:28, Ole Troan a écrit :
Could it be separate (existing) protocol?

if one had existed, sure.
requirements from homenet-arch (I might have missed some):
  - must support multi-homing
  - each link should be assigned a stable prefix
  - efficient allocation of prefixes
  - should support both IPv4 and IPv6

I meant this:

loosely coupled ---- separate (existing DHCPv6-PD) protocol triggering
                     route updates to the routing protocol.

yes, DHCP PD comes up as a proposed solution quite frequently.
I just don't see how you can make DHCP PD fulfill the requirements.

Well it does support multi-homing (Server allocates things to as many interfaces as needed), each link can be assigned a stable prefix (provided it triggers updates to the Routing protocol), the allocation is efficient (Server maintains dynamic databases, leases) and it supports both IPv4 ('IPv4 subnet allocation' RFC6656, DHCP transition et alia), and IPv6.

I miss something?

Alex

cheers,
Ole