> I wonder if the "data-propagation/router control" part of HNCP and the
> "attached host control" part of HNCP should be split into two
> entities... this would allow the second one to get hints from the
> routing protocol about the metric without generating a dependency
> cycle.

There's no "attached host control" part in HNCP -- there's just RA and
DHCPv4 (DHCPv6 optional).  HNCP is purely a router-router protocol.

It's a pretty clean design.

In principle, it might be possible to use routing protocol metrics to
influence RFC 4191 preferences, but I'm not sure how that would work.
If you know (and have implementation experience), I'm interested.

-- Juliusz