On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 5:42 PM, Juliusz Chroboczek
<j...@pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr> wrote:
>> I wonder if the "data-propagation/router control" part of HNCP and the
>> "attached host control" part of HNCP should be split into two
>> entities... this would allow the second one to get hints from the
>> routing protocol about the metric without generating a dependency
>> cycle.
>
> There's no "attached host control" part in HNCP -- there's just RA and
> DHCPv4 (DHCPv6 optional).  HNCP is purely a router-router protocol.

you could say that setting your local prefix on the interface is
"control the local node" and setting up RA/DHCPv4 is "control the
address of the host".

still, at the moment I just see a problem and have no good solution,
just a few guesses.

> It's a pretty clean design.
>
> In principle, it might be possible to use routing protocol metrics to
> influence RFC 4191 preferences, but I'm not sure how that would work.
> If you know (and have implementation experience), I'm interested.

I just got my olsrv2 implementation source-specific routing capable...
I plan to look at your "simple" HNCP implementation to see how routing
metrics could help. But this is still a "todo" for me.

Henning