> There's no "attached host control" part in HNCP -- there's just RA and
> DHCPv4 (DHCPv6 optional).  HNCP is purely a router-router protocol.
(stateless) DHCPv6 is mandatory as per RFC 7084, since not all clients
support getting RDNSS and search-domains from RAs (e.g. Windows-based).

In general, while having something minimal in there is nice, I think
making it optional or at least separating it so it can be easily removed
is a good idea as well.

For some stuff you might not want to have DHCPv4 / IPv4, or you want to
have a better-featured RA-server that actually reacts to default route
changes, or sends out link MTU & HW-address or can unicast replies etc.

All in all, that's some modularity even hnetd has :P

Cheers,

Steven