> Much will depend if the ISP is offering their customer a ‘graceful’
> renumbering event. If they do, then the principle applied in RFC4192
> could be applied, and you will have a period where both prefixes (old
> and new) co-exist, before the old prefix is removed. In that case, the
> older connections can be retained, at least until that removal.

I don't think that HNCP announces the "deprecated" status of a delegated
prefix, so there's no way for an HNCP node to propagate it from the
delegated to the assigned prefix.  Markus, Steven, Pierre?

> The interesting thing here is that many people (in my view quite
> rightly) like the whole ‘fate sharing’ principle of a prefix, a router
> and an RA.

I happen to belong to that group of people, but I don't think that's the
issue here.

> The ‘problem’ with DHCP is that if the outing information changes,
> a default gateway learnt from a DHCP server may well become stale / out
> of date information.

The default gateway should be fine, at least most of the time (every
Homenet router can act as a default gateway as long as the Homenet remains
connected).  The main issue is that once you've given out an IPv4 lease,
there's no easy way to tell the client, "oh, sorry, I just gave you this
nice IPv4 address, but the Homenet's prefix assignment consensus is that
we should renumber, could you please release the address and I'll give you
another one ASAP".

As Markus explained to me, this should not be an issue in practice, since
IPv4 renumbering is rare due to NAT, and the adoption mechanism in the PA
algorithm should avoid renumbering when a router crashes.  FORCERENEW with
Nonce authentication might also be helpful, I'm not sure.

-- Juliusz