MIchael Thomas <m...@fresheez.com> wrote:
    >>> There are no passwords.

    >> Yes please.

    > Speaking of which, should we be encouraging router vendors to implement
    > webauthn? Considering that probably half of home routers have the default
    > password, that seems like it would be a Good Thing.

We have done an enrollment system which based upon BRSKI.
It is described in draft-richardson-ietf-anima-smarkaklink.
We have running code with a desktop acting as the client, with
the mobile app being built now.  I am making a screencast today, actually.
There are similarities to some profiles of EAP-NOOB, but we do
rely on the manufacturer as the root of trust.

I guess we could/should have considered enhancing webauthn instead; I have to
think a bit about whether it would have work as well.  I will need to see.

At the end of the day, we wind up with a mobile phone with a certificate
enrolled into a private CA on the router.  The router itself has a
LetsEncrypt certificate acting as it's IDevID, although this could
be a private CA instead.  There are issues in both directions.

Secondary admins are encouraged to guard against loss/destruction of mobile
phone, and it is also possible to enroll a second time, provided the
manufacturer agrees (this is both a feature and a bug)

The code is at https://github.com/CIRALabs/

 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-