On 6/13/19 11:37 AM, Ted Lemon wrote:
On Jun 13, 2019, at 2:33 PM, Michael Thomas <m...@fresheez.com <mailto:m...@fresheez.com>> wrote:

Yeah, the router clearly knows whether something is on the local net, but it doesn't know if it's a visitor. Requiring that you put the visitors on a guest net is not exactly ideal either.

That’s not relevant for front-end naming.   In this case the trust is being established between a customer edge router or a service on the customer network, and a front end name server operated by the ISP.   A guest device would not be able to interpose itself in this process if it were designed correctly.

Are we talking about the same thing? I'm not sure what naming has to do with dealing with crappy/default passwords on router web interfaces?

Mike