That was me (I?) who had two horns delivered.  It was through a relatively local
dealer, not over the Internet, so there was no shipping involved.  I did take the
horns to a very good repairman to have him evaluate them.

Buying from a "merchant" (manufacturer or instrument dealer) will also give you
implied warranty protections, so that if a delivered horn is so bad that it would be
unacceptable to a reasonable buyer, you should be able to return it at no cost to you
(depending on your state).

Matt Pollack
Topsham, Maine