In a message dated 9/25/2003 3:03:29 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> In a message dated 9/25/2003 11:35:06 AM Central Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> I'm also interested in your opinion regarding Holton quality in general and
> especially for the H200. Is it safe to buy that horn as a special delivery
> without testing, for exampel over the internet?
> Hi,
> Holton makes less than 50 of these a year and there is always a wait.If you
> can get a new one now you should probably buy it. Otherwise get on the
> waiting
> list and contact Dave Surber at Leblanc and arrange to go to the warehouse
> when they have several.

Wes,

The implication in this message is that Holton horns have been picked through
before they leave the factory.  This is an argument often presented as a
reason not to buy from a large discount dealer.  However, my business experience
with manufacturing is the biggest sin is holding shipables for ANY reason,
because shipping starts the billing cycle.  What should the average buyer do to
make sure they aren't selecting from the dregs?