I dont think this a good idea, as all horn players should be firm in
using both sides of the horn in all ranges to take advantage of better
tuned notes of both sides, better sound, easier arpeggios, easier &
precise attack, etc.

Yes, I agree, that starting the students on the Bb-side would result in
less cracked notes, but just for a while. But it will be terrible
difficult to teach the BB-beginners the right tone quality later by
using the F-side then. The "malaise" will be then for sure. And
Bb-beginners will complain about the difficulty fingering #-tonalities,
life long complain, life long squeezed fingers.

So there is just one solution to reach the top target:
Start on the F-side & stay with it until can play Strauss no.1 (nearly)
perfect. Find out how much easier #-tonalities are on the F-side. Switch
to the Bb-horn use in the 5th year, but cultivate the "combined" horn
(fingering in a way, taking advantage of both sides without no
limitation to range) after a four to six weeks introduction to the
Bb-horn, by playing every note on the Bb-side.

>From then, start cultivating the "right use of the double horn" - see
many examples on my Web Site. But this requires that the teacher does
the same, but I doubt this, as too many teachers are stubbornly staying
with the exclusive F (Vienna) or (nearly) exclusive Bb (Germany, GB,
Scandinavia except Finland, Russia, Czech Rep., Japan,  etc.) or
breaking at a certain point e.g. c2 (USA & related).

Reason for the (Most) use of the Bb:  recordings, safety, clarity -
sound doesn´t seem to matter any more. But this should be our great
chance with the sound.