[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

"There are no horn parts in the original Messiah, but there ARE horn parts  in
the Mozart edition. I have played it many times."

Thank heavens we don't often have to play the version by Prout any  more.
The Prout edition had parts for every instrument in the orchestra  and a few
that weren't and probably, for all I know, somewhere in the box,  included parts
for stylophone and wobble-board with obbligato diggeridoo  in the quiet bits.

Still, it afforded me beer money in my student days so I suppose  I should be
thankful for that.

All the best,

Lawrence

"žaes ofereode - žisses swa  maeg"