I have to agree with Dr. McGale. I have just recently given the
speech to a student (after missing a orchestra run-out concert)
that everytime you hold the horn you are not only representing
yourself, but your section, your teacher, your studio, your
ensemble, your school, and on and on. Every behavior and sound
reflects on all those people and if you don't want that
responsiblity - get out now. There is always someone else to
take your spot - and even if there is not - not having a cancer
like that in a group is always better.

Your teacher (especially if the director won't) needs to
intervene.

Jennifer Presar

Jennifer M. Presar
Instructor of Horn & Music Theory