Agreed, Klaus...when I have the opportunity to play the Brahms 2nd (and everything else), I play from the original parts. However, if I found myself close to an audition and did not know a piece well in the original key, and knowing that auditions produce enough nerves without the added burden, I would play from the part in F.

Fred

----- Original Message ----- From: "Klaus Bjerre" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "The Horn List" <horn@music.memphis.edu>
Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2006 8:57 AM
Subject: Re: [Hornlist] Brahms 2.

I have played 2nd in Brahms #2 from such printed part, where everything was transposed for horn in F. That took part of the fun out of it. I much rather would have been presented to the part, as
Brahms wrote it in the score.

Klaus Smedegaard Bjerre

--- Fred Baucom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I seem to recall that transpositions of those parts to F do exist, and doubt
they would be looking over your shoulder to see that you are playing from
the original part.

Fred

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christine Ranson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I managed to avoid this throughout my rep exams in my degree, but now it's a requested piece of rep for a rather important audition which is very soon.

I CANNOT get my head around B natural!

Does anybody have any tips to go about sight the initial sight reading of
it? (Bar the obvious listening to it/learning it by heart?)