Kruspe pipes are long F horn tapers as well.  The main difference is  that
the Kruspe pipes I've seen had more "bumps" or "bubbles," (wider or  narrower
spots in the taper) than the Schmidt or 8D pipe..  Why, I don't  know but in
general those can have an effect on both sound  and response.  If in the right
place, they can fix problems, in  the wrong place, they can cause problems.  Or
both!

KB

In a message dated 1/31/2008 1:01:14 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,