-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Richard V. West
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 4:39 PM
To: The Horn List
Subject: Re: [Hornlist] Re: C.F. Schmidt History

Thanks Kendall, and Steve Mumford, too, for the corrected information on
Schmidt and the American horn makers. It's always good to get things
straight, especially given the lack of documentation and the "urban
legends" that have grown up around horn making (perhaps "fabrication"
would be good word to use here) and makers.

Richard in Seattle

It's always been my understanding, correct me if I'm wrong, that Geyer
worked for Schmidt and learned the business from him.  The line is Schmidt,
Geyer, Leuchnik (sp?), Lewis (although Lewis' link with Geyer is also direct
and personal).

Shel