Hello Tim, before you do anything, visit my website
www.pizka.de/Corks.html  and see how to replace them. I had
used neoprene before, but they tend to swell if in contact
with certain oils. So I changed back to the use of corks.
Self cut corks are not any solution as it is hard to get
them down to the right dimension, where 1/2 of a milimeter
can influence playing. Send me your postal address & I shall
send you two cork sticks, enough to change the corks twice -
if you do it carefully. Do not forget wrapping the cork
sticks into a thin towel, carefully hammering them to oval
size, so you can insert them vertically in their sockets on
the horn & then cut short. If the alignment (see the inner
marks after descrewing the valve cap) is not at 100%, press
the cork just a bit sidewards in with a metal instrument or
a wooden instrument. That works.