Josh --

As some of you may be aware, we recently announced the Skybox for Good
> <http://www.skyboximaging.com/blog/introducing-skybox-for-good> program.
>
> We know that some of this imagery can be especially useful in Crisis
> Response situations, and therefore we are explicitly authorizing usage of
> Skybox for Good imagery in any current HOT Activation
> <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/HOT_activation>, under the condition
> that changesets and/or features that are derived from Skybox for Good
> imagery and committed to OSM are attributed to Skybox.

That's fantastic news!!

Ok, folks, who gets to send the formal Thank You....?  I bet that's the
communications working group.  And I also bet it's safe to infer a whole
bunch of individual thank-yous.  ;-)

> This could, for example, include the method of attributing Skybox as the
> "source", or a similar method deemed appropriate by HOT.

We had that older thread about imagery tagging, where it came down to
"source" (used since forever) and the new, automatically-added
"imagery_used" tag in iD, which, it was pointed out, might not be accurate
if the user switches imagery temporarily -- would have to see what iD does
in that case.  One thought -- maybe it would be good to add "imagery_used"
in JOSM with the same behavior as iD, just so they're consistent.  We'd
keep adding source, but imagery_used would be there as a fallback.  Task
validators can also check for a source tag, since a task usually specifies
a set of imagery.

-- Pat