Bruno Postle wrote:
> On Mon 07-Sep-2009 at 13:00 -0400, Yuval Levy wrote:
>> What we absolutely need is a way to identify the different settings, and
>> this goes via *short* descriptive name.
>
> Long descriptions need support for translation

The long descriptions are not my point.

My point is that there can be multiple settings for the same tool and
that currently the short description allows one to have the same short
name more than once. This affects also the potential patent-free cp
generator.

> For now I think we should just ship these presets:
>
> 1. autopano-sift-c (default)
> 2. panomatic
> 3. match-n-shift (not on windows)
> 4. autopano.exe (only on windows)
> 5. align_image_stack

why match-n-shift not on windows? IIRC it was working?

> I'm tempted to switch autopano-sift-c with autopano-noop.sh on Linux
> as they are functionally identical - Currently I patch this in when
> packaging for fedora.

I second this. Default should be autopano-noop.sh (or the Windows
equivalent) so that also users of distributions that don't have a CP
generator get a meaningful feedback (which can be a statement telling
them to install a CP detector and change the preference).

Yuv (waiting for his trunk to build with the pano12 cruft removed before
filing a patch)