On Wed 14-Oct-2009 at 19:31 -0700, awbrody wrote:

>It would be good if one were to be able to select and move individual
>and groups of images in the fast preview window. This would be useful
>in the case of sky images with no coherent set of control points.

This works already for 'unconnected groups' of photos.  Any photo
without control points can be dragged around the Fast Preview
independently of the rest of the photos.  Two photos connected
together by control points will drag around together etc...

It would be nice to have 'modifier key' to drag photos individully
regardless of control points, but since the optimiser would undo
this movement, it wouldn't be much use.

>It may prove useful to implement something like skeleton deformation
>as it is used in animation to warp the images, perhaps a fine tuning
>the deformation to accommodate panoramas photographed without rotation
>about the correct axes.

libpano13 has a morph-to-fit function which distorts the reprojected
image to force a 'perfect' alignment, but nona has never been
modified to support it.  It is a bit crude though, we have discussed
some kind of alternative fitting with a smooth spline patch but
nobody has written the code.

--
Bruno