On Wed 14-Oct-2009 at 16:09 -0400, Nicolas Pelletier wrote:
>I'm not convinced it is a post processing step. I think it depends on where
>we draw the what should hugin do boundary.

I guess that where I'm coming from is that Hugin and the Stitcher
tab are complex enough as it is.

>I'm currently working with the exact workflow you mentioned, create a 360
>180 equi and then use this as the first element in the chain. But if the
>other steps were only post processing, then why should we have other
>projections and other import method?

Mainly because we can, but also because partial panoramas are
legitimate targets, and because people have a use for stitching
partial equirectangular and cylindrical input.

>Also, from this equirectangular, if we had many output, we could have a nice
>workflow that generate all 6 faces of the cubes for some VR interface
>without needing another tool, or swapping around with the same project or 6
>projects.

We do actually have much of this (cubic, little-planet, thumbnails,
QTVR, PanoSalado etc...) as targets in the Makefile.equirect.mk
plugin - It would be trivially easy to enable this stuff in the
Stitcher tab or the Batch Processor, but it adds a bunch of
dependencies (ImageMagick, perl(Panotools::Script)).

--
Bruno