Hi,

I am using Hugin for almost 2 years time now. I stick with hugin because its
free. Its open source but I think this feature is for developers. i am just
a normal end user. Over the period of time I have used Autopano and PTGUI.
Hugin is free but you have to pay the price of working hard in learning it
:) Major difference between hugin and other softwares is for normal users.
Normal user will not want to go and add %p %o %s in autopano-sift parameters
for multirow pano. He will want to just load pics and get pano :)

I have experienced hugin growing and adding lots of features in these two
years. I have learnt hugin by posting my issues on this group and there are
lots of people to help you out. Hugin is Opensoure hope in panoramic
photography. I am with hugin and I hope in one year time it will at par with
commercial softwares.

I am a windows user and I feel there is lack of technical resource person
for windows users. Most of hugin team is not using windows. Thats why it
creates issues. Is there anyone looking after windows builds that they are
accurate and uptodate? or we have to shift to Ubuntu ....lolzzz

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 5:37 PM, Gareth <p...@jonestheweb.com> wrote:

> Carl,
>
> I've just checked the last Hugin image I installed, which was hugin-
> mac-2010-1.0.0 from early June. I know from the list that things have
> changed since then so perhaps I should give Hugin another try, when I
> have some spare moments.
>

> On Sep 24, 1:05 pm, Yuval Levy <goo...@levy.ch> wrote:
> > On September 24, 2010 05:34:05 am kfj wrote:
> >
> > > special thanks to Yuval Levy, you have really made an effort to work
> > > things out for me so I can take heart, get over my frustration and
> > > maybe end up doing something productive.
> >
> > happy to read my words were helpful to you.  I am sure you will do
> something
> > productive, whether with PTgui, Hugin, or whatever other software you
> will
> > apply your brains to.
> >
> > > I'm well willing to struggle up
> > > the learning curve to get things working. And I'll look into what I
> > > can do to make the problems that bug me go away.
> >
> > You're already on the right path.  Fire up questions to this list, you'll
> > often get help and advice from people who have "been there done that".
> >
> > Even if you're going to "unchartered territories", you'll get help and
> support
> > along the way, as you can witness in your recent thread about building
> libpano
> > on MinGW.
> >
> > Yuv
> >
> >  signature.asc