On Sun 07-Nov-2010 at 15:35 -0500, Yuval Levy wrote:
On November 6, 2010 06:20:18 pm Bruno Postle wrote:
I think it is ok.  There are bound to be some more bugs that need
fixing, and maybe some new ones from the background image loading,
but now is the time to do a feature freeze and go for a release.

Feature freeze?  You mean branching out a release...

Same thing, shipping a stable release means only fixing bugs and not adding new features. Other branches/repos can have features.

Before branching out, I would like to  implement the form-factor slider for
the fast preview.  I have some work in progress here.

Hugin has survived without this before now, we have plenty of new stuff in the current tip to justify a release.

OK, I'll run the release.  My aim is to have it out before December 31, 2010.
The deadline for new features to Ubuntu 11.4 is February 24 and my goal is for
2010.4.0 to ship in Ubuntu 11.4.  I don't know about Fedora's schedule, but I
would like to see 2010.4.0 shipped with the first Fedora release of 2011 as
well.

2010.2.0 just made it into f14 at the last minute, though it would have been simpler a week earlier. i.e. 1st October and 1st April are the practical Final fedora deadlines.

Last but not least, another change before branching out.  If there is no
opposition, I would like to revamp the visual aspect of Hugin, introducing
Cristian Marchi's evolution on our current visuals as the new logo icon [0].

Changing graphics can happen in the stable branch, we have translations and documentation to do here too.

[0]
http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx/browse_thread/thread/09d6a54f871b0ae2

--
Bruno