Erik Krause wrote:
Am 08.04.2011 10:43, schrieb Yclept Nemo:
By the way, whats the difference between vertical control point lines
and horizontal control point lines?

-> http://wiki.panotools.org/Horizontal_control_points
-> http://wiki.panotools.org/Vertical_control_points
-> http://wiki.panotools.org/Panotools_internals#Line_control_points

 > And is it useful to have these lines across different images

Yes, it is useful. If you want to level your panorama using the horizon
it is best to have horizontal CPs approximately 45° apart.

With regards to "line" control points.

If I have 5 images A B C D E that I wish to line up,
am I better making

A-B, B-C, C-D, D-E

or

A-B, A-C, A-D, A-E