On Sun, Feb 24, 2002, Roozbeh Pournader wrote about "Re: [I18n]So, will Bidi+Xterm
happen ?":
> 1) Try to change FriBidi's license: very hard, because of code borrowing
> from many different LGPL-ed projects. But most of the borrowed code is
> copyright FSF, we are a step ahead if we can convince them.

Does Fribidi use any FSF code besides the simple Glib stuff (linked list, a
few types etc.)? I was under the impression that Dov Grobgeld wrote all the
bidi algorithm stuff from scratch (what GPL project could he take it from?),
and that you guys were making efforts to get rid of Glib dependence in Fribidi
anyway...

In any case, I think there should be no problem for xterm to use an external
fribidi library (and discover it with autoconf) if it is already installed.
On Linux, for example, xterm is obviously linked with the LGPL glibc. So why
not with fribidi?

--
Nadav Har'El                        |        Sunday, Feb 24 2002, 12 Adar 5762
Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |Wear short sleeves! Support your right to