Le sam 14/12/2002 à 18:05, Nicolas Mailhot a écrit :

> I posted a reworked layout at :
>
> http://mapage.noos.fr/nmailhot/fr-latin9-pc
>
> (the original layout is available at :
> http://mapage.noos.fr/nmailhot/fr-latin9)
>
> Basically I took the xfree fr layout and modified it till it matched the
> layout I wanted. While doing this I tweaked a bit the original fr-latin9
> layout (matched euro and cent with fr, removed duplicate guillemots to
> add doublequotemarks). I didn't change much since this is a very
> well-thought design and there is little room for improvements.

> This layout do not depend on pc/latin ; in fact there is quite a bit of
> overlapping, but there is almost no key where all the four symbols
> match. So I dumped the latin include ; and I see no point of defining a
> new latin core that will be only used by this layout.

However if one was ready to dump the design decision of making all
accented letters available without dead keys (since they seem to be well
supported by applications these days) one could easily produce a light
version of this layout that would share a lot more with the others.

In fact whoever maintains the X fr layout should probably do this, since
all other changes (except the square keys) are merely fixups of this
layout. I wouldn't use it, accented letters replace symbols largely
unused in french and I find them more convenient than dead keys, but I
suppose some people would find it interesting.

> All the original fr-latin9 part that defined <F1> <F2> and so on was
> dumped.

As a consequence, arrows do not work any longer in vi while num-lock is
activated. I suppose the Xfree86 rules are borked somewhere and no one
ever bothered to report/fix it (like « and » not being next to each
other in the X fr layout)

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot