Hi Thomas,

Thomas Sanchez <thomas.san...@gmail.com> writes:
>> Have you considered generating a configfile and simply issuing the
>> “reload” command?
>
> That is actually a good idea but would you consider then adding a
> directive like `source another_i3_config_file` ?
> It would also be nice to be able to get the current mapping
> configured.
I think in terms of effects that is equivalent to alerting the
configuration at runtime. I.e. it makes debugging equally harder and
requires an equal amount of new commands. Given that it doesn’t
establish as much as the other directive, I think it doesn’t make sense
to be able to source another configuration file.

Furthermore, I think that having a single path to read the configuration
from is enough from i3’s point of view, and control over how this
configuration should be concatenated/generated stays with the user.

--
Best regards,
Michael