IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU> wrote on 06/29/2005
10:38:11 AM:

> >  However, if you are processing a z/OS 1.4 dump on a z/OS 1.6 system.
> >you should be STEPLIBing or TSOLIBing to a z/OS 1.4 SYS1.MIGLIB,
> >as well as the z/OS 1.4 PARMLIB for IPCAPARM, etc.

> May I ask how one goes about getting those libraries?  I believe that
> I'll be potentially looking at dumps from any z/OS system.   This
> suggests that I'll need to find libraries for the all the various
releases.

> And do you have any specifics on how to setup those libraries?   I
> presume you meant to say IPCSPARM and not IPCAPARM.  Please correct me
> if I'm wrong.
>
> If you meant IPCSPARM, then I believe I can allocate that specifically
> with the same name DD card before starting IPCS.  If this is true, then
> it would seem to be the easiest to setup.
>
> The PARMLIB is a bit different.   I'll review my allocations to see
> where my 1.6 version is allocated.   And presume you mean that I'll need

> to substitute the 1.4 version of the same library in the allocation.
>
> Do the 1.4 libaries _replace_ the corresponding 1.6 libraries, or should

> they be concatenated before the 1.6 libraries, leaving the 1.6 libraries

> in place?

  IPCSPARM is the DDNAME to which you need to allocate the correct
PARMLIB data set.  If you are going to use IPCS's ISPF dialogs, there
are several more DDNAMEs to allocate.

  MVS IPCS Customization      manual has a section titled
Using IPCS on Another System     which describes this.

  As to getting the libraries, the assumption is that at some time
you had installed all of the releases for which you will need to
process dumps, and saved the IPCS libraries.

Jim Mulder   z/OS System Test   IBM Corp.  Poughkeepsie,  NY