From: "Edward E. Jaffe"

> Nothing could possibly beat the convenience of staying at the Sheraton.
> It was literally _right next_ to the convention center ...

In addition to Eds points I find it handy to stay "in" the conference from a
safety/security point of view.
Not knowing any American city, I don't know where is "less than acceptable"
to traverse after hours.
And there were some questionable districts quite close to the conference in
SFO.

So I chose to stay "in-house", and wear the cost.
As Jim alluded, it ain't cheap, but you make you choices ...

Shane ...