I was not referring to Paralell Sysplex in this case, only to basic
sysplex.  If they are going to be sharing DASD at all then they need
GRS, and GRS is much slower without XCF.

>>> "R.S." <r.skoru...@bremultibank.com.pl> 08/08/09 12:55 PM >>>
Scott Rowe pisze:
> I think the real question here is: Why don't you have a SYSPLEX?
There is little to no cost involved, and many benefits.

I dare to disagree. Strongly disagree.
At least you have to pay for memory for CF, ICF engine, more CP cycles,
GRS delays, significantly more sysprog effort.

Looking from benefits perspective: depending on your regulations and
laws you would have to have production and test separate, so you need
more than one sysplex. Every serious shop I know keeps test/dev/sandbox
separate from production. That means several sysplexes or monoplexes.

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland

--
BRE Bank SA
ul. Senatorska 18

Sd Rejonowy dla m. st. Warszawy
XII Wydzia Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru Sdowego,
nr rejestru przedsibiorców KRS 0000025237
NIP: 526-021-50-88
Wedug stanu na dzie 01.01.2009 r. kapita zakadowy BRE Banku SA (w caoci
wpacony) wynosi 118.763.528 zotych. W zwizku z realizacj warunkowego
podwyszenia kapitau zakadowego, na podstawie uchway XXI WZ z dnia 16
marca 2008r., oraz uchway XVI NWZ z dnia 27 padziernika 2008r., moe ulec
podwyszeniu do kwoty 123.763.528 z. Akcje w podwyszonym kapitale
zakadowym BRE Banku SA bd w caoci opacone.

CONFIDENTIALITY/EMAIL NOTICE: The material in this transmission contains
confidential and privileged information intended only for the addressee.
 If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you have
received this material in error and that any forwarding, copying,
printing, distribution, use or disclosure of the material is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this material in error, please (i) do
not read it, (ii) reply to the sender that you received the message in
error, and (iii) erase or destroy the material. Emails are not secure
and can be intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or contain viruses.
You are deemed to have accepted these risks if you communicate with us
by email. Thank you.