It's supported FTPS for some time now.  It just lacks a lot of
customization.

Honestly, FileZilla is a pretty terrible FTP client.  But there's really not
too many clients that I'd say are good, for Windows.  On Mac I've got some
very well-done choices.

It will do what you want it to, which is why I grudgingly use it.  I still
click around hoping to find a way to tweak a few options, but it's just very
bare bones in that regard.

Scott