In the Filezilla GUI, pulldown tab View, checkmarked Message log.
Connecting to z/OS 1.9 FTPD1

Filezilla's response is here
http://trac.filezilla-project.org/ticket/3910

Full log follows.

Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::OnReceive()
Response:       220-FTPD1 IBM FTP CS V1R9 at LOOPBACK, 19:19:00 on
2009-12-03.
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::OnReceive()
Response:       220 Connection will close if idle for more than 5
minutes.
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::SendNextCommand()
Command:        AUTH TLS
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::OnReceive()
Response:       234 Security environment established - ready for
negotiation
Trace:  CTlsSocket::Handshake()
Trace:  CTlsSocket::OnSend()
Trace:  CTlsSocket::OnRead()
Trace:  CTlsSocket::Handshake()
Trace:  CTlsSocket::OnRead()
Trace:  CTlsSocket::Handshake()
Trace:  CTlsSocket::OnRead()
Trace:  CTlsSocket::Handshake()
Trace:  CTlsSocket::OnRead()
Trace:  CTlsSocket::Handshake()
Trace:  Handshake successful
Trace:  Cipher: ARCFOUR-128, MAC: MD5
Trace:  CTlsSocket::OnRead()
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::OnReceive()
Response:       331 Send password please.
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::SendNextCommand()
Command:        PASS *******
Trace:  CTlsSocket::OnRead()
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::OnReceive()
Response:       230 GIBNEY is logged on.  Working directory is
"GIBNEY.".
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::SendNextCommand()
Command:        SYST
Trace:  CTlsSocket::OnRead()
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::OnReceive()
Response:       215 MVS is the operating system of this server. FTP
Server is running on z/OS.
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::SendNextCommand()
Command:        FEAT
Trace:  CTlsSocket::OnRead()
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::OnReceive()
Response:       211- Extensions supported
Trace:  CTlsSocket::OnRead()
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::OnReceive()
Response:        SIZE
Response:        MDTM
Response:        REST STREAM
Response:        UTF8
Response:        LANG en*
Response:        AUTH TLS
Response:        AUTH GSSAPI
Response:        PBSZ
Response:        PROT
Response:       211 End
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::SendNextCommand()
Command:        OPTS UTF8 ON
Trace:  CTlsSocket::OnRead()
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::OnReceive()
Response:       501 command OPTS aborted -- no options supported for
UTF8
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::SendNextCommand()
Command:        PBSZ 0
Trace:  CTlsSocket::OnRead()
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::OnReceive()
Response:       200 Protection buffer size accepted
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::SendNextCommand()
Command:        PROT P
Trace:  CTlsSocket::OnRead()
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::OnReceive()
Response:       200 Data connection protection set to private
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::SendNextCommand()
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::ChangeDirSend()
Command:        PWD
Trace:  CTlsSocket::OnRead()
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::OnReceive()
Response:       257 "'GIBNEY.'" is working directory.
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::ResetOperation(0)
Trace:  CControlSocket::ResetOperation(0)
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::ParseSubcommandResult(0)
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::ListSubcommandResult()
Trace:    state = 1
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::SendNextCommand()
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::TransferSend()
Trace:    state = 1
Command:        TYPE I
Trace:  CTlsSocket::OnRead()
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::OnReceive()
Response:       200 Representation type is Image
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::TransferParseResponse()
Trace:    code = 2
Trace:    state = 1
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::SendNextCommand()
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::TransferSend()
Trace:    state = 2
Command:        PASV
Trace:  CTlsSocket::OnRead()
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::OnReceive()
Response:       227 Entering Passive Mode (134,121,nnn,nnn,4,45)
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::TransferParseResponse()
Trace:    code = 2
Trace:    state = 2
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::SendNextCommand()
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::TransferSend()
Trace:    state = 4
Command:        LIST
Trace:  CTransferSocket::OnConnect
Trace:  CTlsSocket::Handshake()
Trace:  CTlsSocket::OnSend()
Trace:  CTlsSocket::OnSend()
Trace:  CTlsSocket::OnRead()
Trace:  CTlsSocket::Handshake()
Trace:  CTlsSocket::OnRead()
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::OnReceive()
Response:       125 List started OK
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::TransferParseResponse()
Trace:    code = 1
Trace:    state = 4
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::SendNextCommand()
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::TransferSend()
Trace:    state = 5
Trace:  CTlsSocket::OnRead()
Trace:  CTlsSocket::Handshake()
Trace:  Handshake successful
Trace:  Session resumed
Trace:  Cipher: ARCFOUR-128, MAC: MD5
Trace:  CTransferSocket::OnConnect
Trace:  CTlsSocket::OnRead()
Trace:  CTlsSocket::OnRead()
Trace:  CTlsSocket::OnRead()
Trace:  CTlsSocket::OnRead()
Trace:  CTlsSocket::OnRead()
Trace:  CTransferSocket::OnReceive(), m_transferMode=0
Trace:  CTlsSocket::Failure(-9, 0)
Trace:  GnuTLS error -9: A TLS packet with unexpected length was
received.
Error:  Could not read from transfer socket: ECONNABORTED - Connection
aborted
Trace:  CTransferSocket::TransferEnd(3)
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::TransferEnd()
Trace:  CTlsSocket::OnRead()
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::OnReceive()
Response:       250 List completed successfully.
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::TransferParseResponse()
Trace:    code = 2
Trace:    state = 7
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::ResetOperation(2)
Trace:  CControlSocket::ResetOperation(2)
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::ParseSubcommandResult(2)
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::ListSubcommandResult()
Trace:    state = 3
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::ResetOperation(2)
Trace:  CControlSocket::ResetOperation(2)
Error:  Failed to retrieve directory listing
Trace:  CFileZillaEnginePrivate::ResetOperation(2)
Trace:  CTlsSocket::OnRead()
Trace:  CTlsSocket::Failure(-9, 10053)
Trace:  GnuTLS error -9: A TLS packet with unexpected length was
received.
Trace:  CTlsSocket::OnSocketEvent(): close event received
Trace:  CRealControlSocket::OnClose(10053)
Error:  Disconnected from server: ECONNABORTED - Connection aborted
Trace:  CControlSocket::DoClose(64)
Trace:  CFtpControlSocket::ResetOperation(66)
Trace:  CControlSocket::ResetOperation(66)
Trace:  CFileZillaEnginePrivate::ResetOperation(66)

Dave Gibney
Information Technology Services
Washington State University

IBM-MAIN