On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 08:31:44 -0800, Charles Mills <charl...@mcn.org> wrote:

>So I assume you're talking about ISPF-saved member statistics. Correct me if
>I am wrong.

Yes

>WS_FTP Pro 12 displays PDS members two ways. (I'm working from memory
>because I don't have FTP up at the moment and my DFW z/OS is "asleep" so
>it's not a 5-second job to get on-line.) In its basic 2-panel "Windows
>explorer" screen it shows name, size, modified, etc. for each member (as I
>recall). Unfortunately the text is not cut-and-paste so that is not what I
>sent below.

This is the display I am referring to.  For member names of 5 characters
or less, the size is displayed as 0K and the modified information is
blank (in WS_FTP LE, size shows up as blank, not 0K).

>There's also a button called "Directory Info." Clicking that brings up a
>notepad session with directory information in it, kind of like what you
>might get if you opened LISTDS output in an editor. That's what I
>cut-and-pasted from below.

Yes, that works - even in WSFTP LE.

It is the explorer display that I use for a transfer.  I often just want to
transfer
the last updated PDS member(s) so I want to click on the modified column
from the explorer display.  If the member is 5 chars or less, there is
nothing to sort on since the information is blank.  This is the part I was
curious about to see if it had ever been fixed.  It's possible I could get
a newer version by opening a help desk ticket.

I have Bluezone (Seagull), but since I've used WSFTP LE since my first days
of using an FTP GUI, I've always been more comfortable using WSFTP Pro.
It is also integrated with my workstation that my employer provides.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
mailto:mark.zel...@zurichna.com