On Tue, 05 Jan 2010 08:20:46 -0500, jmfbahciv <jmfbah...@aol> wrote:

>The goal of a war is to win to the point of changing
>the mindset of the enemy, especially the populace.

That's *a* goal of war.

Goals in business or war are about of costs and benefits.   The quoted
goal (which doesn't define *how* the mind set is to be changed and how
we measure such success), doesn't look at costs.     If what we value
in our country get destroyed, then the costs could be too high.    It
is quite possible for both sides to lose.

Certainly this principle is important in business.    When we are
given a mandate to produce an IS result, we work with some assumptions
about costs which often need to be clarified and agreed upon.   We
also are wise in looking behind the mandate and know how it impacts
various goals of the company.

Aristotle said “The goal of war is peace, of business, leisure”.