<jim.mcalp...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 2:02 PM, Werner Kuehnel <
>>werner.kueh...@mannheimer.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Tried already to shift TCPIP into SYSTEM, but is not allowed. WLM can not
>>> starve STCs defined in SYSSTC.

Are you positive it's not a spawned task that's causing the slowness ???
Something that's being assigned service lower than SYSSTC ???

This sounds a lot like the FTP slowness we were experiencing. That turned out
to be a stupid oversight of not having a workload type for OMVS. TCP/IP and
the FTP daemon were running in SYSSTC, but none of the spawned tasks
were. Everything that should have been assigned a service class based on the
OMVS type ended up being assigned the default service class for the
interactive workload. Unless it runs very fast, it drops into second and third
period service fairly quickly. I would expect a ping to reply very quickly, but
if
your WLM defaults are very low service, it may not have a chance.