On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 14:40:21 +0100, Werner Kuehnel
<werner.kueh...@mannheimer.de> wrote:

>Our box is running at 90-100% under soft capping.
>TCPIP is defined with service class SYSSTC.
>When capping starts the PING response times explode from approx. 15ms to
>400 - 1000ms. Looking with RMF3 delay monitor at TCPIP, it shows a delay
>up to 70% because of processor.
>SYSSTC is the highest service class I can assign, it runs with dispatching
>prio of FE. Nevertheless TCPIP is delayed at such a high degree.
>Is there anything I can do to improve the performance of TCPIP?

I don't think there is much you can do.   Does RMF III show the same
delay for all of SYSSTC?  What about SYSTEM?   If SYSSTC is delayed
and it is because of processor,  the only higher DP address spaces
are SYSTEM,  If you look at all yourSYSTEM address spaces in
SDSF and sort by CPU%, does that give any clues?  What does
RMF III show as the job(s) that are causing the CPU delay?

Just out of curiosity, what  do you observe with other SYSSTC service
class address spaces at the same time.  For example, comparing a JES2
command response during this time to a time when you aren't running
at or new 100%?  What about a  CONSOLE response to some display
commands like "D GRS,C" (CONSOLE and GRS run in SYSTEM)?

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
mailto:mark.zel...@zurichna.com