Well

Normally I think that WLM has a good understand and when we try to change we
normally cause trouble to the system, I believe the WLM algorithm it is good
enougth to work better.

In some cases yes we need to do some help, but again try to do the less
possible.

In my understand normally VTAM and TCPIP need to have high priority like
JES2, on the system that normally I can work I always use this tasks SYSSTC.

IBM has some free tools that help with WLM and others parms, didn't forget
that IEAOPT it is important in current days and help WLM. Wrong parms in
IEAOPT you can have bad performance.

WLM has a home page but here is the page for free tools

   http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/zseries/zos/wlm/tools/

Also Cheryl Watson's has a tunning letter from 2009 No 1  that has valious
information about IEAOPT and WLM for system Z9 and Z10 and z/OS 1.9 to
higger.

Giovanni
System Programmer