So, replying to my own post, I still don't know.  <enter>

In what I am typing now, the <enter> at the end of the previous line just
advanced to this line, i.e. no white space.  <enter>

Same again.  Now I want white space. <enter><enter>

Looking at my post, below, you can see the double spacing effect.
<enter><enter>

I'm wondering if this is to do with the way that Hotmail sends and displays or
if the listserv email does it.

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469229/direct/01/